Monday, May 2, 2011

I respected the blackout and my predictions before I tune in

Canada has a quirky little election law that was created because of our vast size and to try and to keep the vote free from the influence of others. It is against the law to report election results from one time zone where the polls have close to another where they have not closed yet. Now, this is becoming hard to police in the digital age, but most outlets respect it and so do I. I think the anticipation is fun. Its part of election day. Its a most certain deadline that when you turn on the tv or start surfing you will be updated about the results at the same time as just about everyone else.

So a quick prediction before I start surfing - Conservative minority with an NDP official opposition. But who knows, this night might be full of surprises. I hope it is.

My twitter feed is @trvthseeker78 and I will be tweeting after 8pm MST.

No comments:

Post a Comment