Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Alberta's Labour Market

I read the blog of Penelope Trunk quite regularly. While she can be quite controversial, she is a very successful blogger and I think she has a lot to say about how to write a successful blog. In her most recent blog she writes about how important it is for a blog to have a topic - a focal point. Now my blog hasn't had this focus and I think that is part of the problem as to why I'm not updating it as much as I should. Penelope is right, you need to focus. And it's really not hard to find that topic. It took me a trip to the toilet to figure out what my blog topic should be...

I did a quick search on Google blogs and found that no one is writing about Alberta's labour market. While the topic may sound quite boring at first, it is a favorite topic of interest of mine. Alberta of course is my home and I am interested in everything about this beautiful province. The labour market has so many different facets to it and it is something I always have a comment about. So really, this is something that I will find it easy to write about. I'm still seeking truth, but I'm a little more specific now - I'm searching for it in Alberta's labour market.

Of course this won't stop me from writing about other things, but the blog needs a focus, a theme. I'm looking forward to writing more about this. This appears to be the fall/winter of writing - I'm starting to engage in a few different writing projects and I hope this will further help to develop my skills as a writer.

So, I hope this new direction will get me to write more - Friday is the release of the newest employment numbers. I'm really not sure where we went in September. And it's bad luck to voice one's predictions. I find that if I write them in a secret place they come true. If I tell everyone my prediction, I'm wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment